Monday, September 30, 2013

Fishing in Horseshoe Beach in the Big Bend Area

Sept. 16,2013

I started fishing Horseshoe Beach for about a year before I moved away from the area.  This was a hot spot for my son and I for Speckled Trout.  We always caught our limit of trout.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to fish here again since I was staying in Gainesville for a week. It's about a 11/2 hour drive from Gainesville.
This would be my first timing fishing here from a kayak, but I knew I wouldn't have to paddle too far to get to the grass flats.  As it turned out I only had to paddle a few hundred yards to find fish.  When I first got there the sky looked really bad, there was lightning and thunder for awhile.  I decided to wait it out and after about 1 hour I launched my kayak.  I paddled about 100 yards from the launch site and right away started catching Trout.  I could have had my limit it 45 minutes if I would have landed all the fish that took my bait.  Some got off at the kayak and others I simply didn't set the hook in time.  It didn't help that I was using 2 poles at a time.  After 2 hours I called it quits with my limit and the fish still biting.  Horseshoe Beach is still one of best places to catch trout.  Here's some pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment