Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fishing for Reds in Placida

October 29,2013

Placida

I took my kayak to Placida this morning looking for some Reds.  I went to my usual place where 8 out of 10 times I can find redfish, they don't always want to bite though.  I found them today feeding and tailing with a bunch of Mullet.  I tried Gulp, a white paddle tail, top water, ladyfish cut bait and they didn't want anything to do with any of those baits.  I'm glad I stopped and bought some shrimp before I got to the launch site, because that's what I finally caught one on, it was 20".  I only had one other bite this morning and I missed it.
I like to take some live shrimp with me just in case the fish don't want any of my artificials.  I'm really surprised they didn't want the ladyfish or the gulp.  Those are the two baits I usually catch them on.  I keep several bags of cut ladyfish in my garage freezer.  I like to soak the cut bait while I'm working an artificial.

I'm not sure what's  more frustrating , finding reds and having them ignore your baits or not finding them at all.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the excitement of sportfishing massive tarpon, redfish and beast seafood under the warm climate of California. Capt Sam is professional sportfishing information, seen in journal, guides and TV Reveals. It is NO FISH NO PAY assurance and life-time storage for sure!
    Charter fishing florida

    ReplyDelete